Thursday, October 25, 2007
Chocolate Walnut Brownies
Here is a recipe for those who love chocolate brownies.
250g cooking chocolate (choose the best quality you can find)
175 ml hot water
150g self-raising flour
150g plain flour
2 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
280g fine granulated sugar
5 size A eggs
2 1/2 oil (any type of cooking oil)
125ml fresh milk
65g chopped walnut (or any nuts you prefer)
250g cooking chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 160 C; grease and line an 8-inch square cake tin with grease proof paper.
2. Stir ingredient A over low heat until both butter and chocolate melted and mixture smooth. Remove from heat.
3. Sift ingredient B together into a large mixing bowl. Pour in sugar and mix well.
4. Combine lightly beaten eggs, oil and milk together and pour into 3 and mix well. Pour in 2 and mix till well combined. Lastly, stir in chopped walnut.
5. Pour the batter into prepared tin and bake for 50min or till cooked.
6. Ice the cooled cake with chocolate ganache.
Bring cream to boil over low heat and stir in chopped chocolate till smooth. Cool before use. The cooled ganache should be fairly thick and not runny. If it is runny, wait a little longer before use.
If you have any chocolate brownies recipe/s which you personally tried and think it's good, do drop a note in the comment box of this post :0) Happy baking.