Thursday, November 18, 2010

Wawan's 70th Birthday Cake

This is a cake depicting the life story of a lady: as a wife and mother to 4 daughters; as a teacher, cook and gardener; and finally as a grandma to 6 grand children.
Spent a week (preparation of gum paste and color mixing not included) doing the 16 figurines. Not only the usual back and shoulder ached even my chest muscles and hand nerves ached. I put in so much details especially on the face. I particularly like Wawan's eyes, mouth and lips. These are really my favorites :)
I woke up at 5.15am on Hari Raya Haji, 17 November 2010 to place the figurines on the cake before me and my dear friend pushed off around 6.45am to deliver it. The topper was placed on the cake after we reached the customer's home. Despite the deem lighting my friend took great shots with my new Canon camera =D
6", 9" and 12" 8-recipe Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
Customer's feedback:
Thank you. Everyone loved the cake, esp the kids and my mother.
We weren't allowed to cut it - we could only cut the back of the cake - which was a bit of a problem for seconds!
The cake was good. Everyone liked it. My sisters said it was refreshing and light. I think it was good and moist. The kids liked it too, despite it not being chocolate! My mother initially thought it was a bit tart, but later said that it was nice. But she has a ridiculously sweet tooth, so I wouldn't pay too much attention to that comment!
Thanks again! and well done!







Like this shot even though it was a test shot done at my home before the rest of the figurines were placed on the cake.
Bands/borders dusted with silk gold dust.


For designs, quotations and order please email faithlmy@gmail.com with details required under "How to Order".