Saturday, August 14, 2010

Hip Hop 21st Birthday Cake

A hip hop themed 21st birthday cake for Ashvih who's into hip hop. This is my first airbrushed cake.
I wanted to create the rustic street look with graffiti. So, I took out my new airbrush and started brushing the white fondant with copper, orange, red and brown food colors.
3-recipe 12"x16" Moist Chocolate Cake frosted with chocolate ganache

I basically captured the birthday boy's look here with oval shaped face, trimmed mustache and a tiny line of beard running down the centre of his lower lip, shaven cheek, silver earrings, glasses and crude cut hair.

Cut out some plaques using flower paste and airbrushed them blue, red and purple before sticking the alphabets on.

Top view of the cake.

The key, turntable and all the black color stars were highlighted with gold, silver, blue, silver spruce pearl dusts.

For designs, quotations and order please email faithlmy@gmail.com with details listed under "How to Order".