Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Stanley

My 'lao peng you' (old friend in Mandarin) from college time ordered a birthday cake for her beloved husband, Stanley. She said I can do anything I like. Wow, that's license to be 'qin chai bo chai' = free and easy - my own interpretation, hehe....
Baked Stanley an Orange Buttercake with WY's consent. The rest is my free & easy creation. Hope Stanley is thrilled and hope this family portrait portrays the happiness of your big day. Here's wishing you a very happy and blessed day with greater strength and perserverance to achieve yet another peak for the year ahead :o)
WY, your feedback later ah..
8" single-recipe orange buttercake, crusting buttercream and fondant figurines.
WY's feedback:
Wow amazing. Looks so real to even eat it.
Comments from hubby: Taste awesome. The cake is not too sweet and complements the sugary icing(?). So just perfect. The kids love the figurines and couldn't stop touching them.