Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Bundt Cake for Diabetic

This order came all the way from Hague, Holland.
Mr Karim, a lawyer wanted to give a special birthday cake to someone very dear to him in KL. The birthday lady, Puan Sri is also a lawyer and a diabetic. I'd proposed this sugarless banana bundt cake with no frosting.
I first baked this recipe for another customer sometime back and found it tasted rather blend. With Mr Karim's request to make this cake special I'd decided to modified the recipe by adding in carrot, raisins, apricot and cashew nut. The cake has more natural sweetness and a healthy crunch . I'm happy with the outcome and I hope Puan Sri and family enjoyed it too.
Mr Karim requested for sugar figurines of Puan Sri and her whole family (i.e. Tan Sri, 4 daughters who are also lawyers and 3 grandchildren) as the theme for the cake. The figurines took me almost 8 hours to complete ;P
The gavel was too heavy for 'her hand' and it broke in the morning before delivery. I had to do repair work ;P
Single-recipe sugarless banana bundt cake with gumpaste figurines.




A lady barrister's wig ;o)

The cake was delivered in this box with a sweet note.

For designs, quotation and order please email or call me.